Monday, July 11, 2011

Clip of the Day: Dane Lives


As you know by now, I have a man crush on Dane Reynolds. As a grom, I idolized Curren and had the head snaps to prove it. Then Slater came along and I practiced my tale slides into my 30's. Now Dane is on my short list of heroes and there's no way in hell I'll be able to learn his airs now that I'm 40. Surfing has officially passed me by. Dane hurt himself towards the end of '10 and has been out of the water rehabbing his leg. The ASP Dream Tour and freesurf followers like myself have missed his creativity. Luckily the drought is almost over and Dane has been getting back in shape in Mexico through extensive cutback training and a strict cold Pacifico diet. His website Marine Layer Productions has thrown together a quick video of his exploits called 'Lost Interest' (which sounds eerily similar to Kai Neville's upcoming epic Lost Atlas starring Dane and friends). Dane mostly does barrels and carves with a few cautious airs in this film and seems to be 90%- which is 110% better than the rest of the ASP tour. If you want to get amped for your next session- make sure to check out this clip. You will be humbled.