Sunday, April 8, 2012

Clip of the Day- Worst Wave In The World?



When I go for a surf, I've got a little list of conditions I like to check off before paddling out. In no particular order:
-tropical water
-rippable waves
-no crowds
-girls on the beach
Shipsterns in Tasmania has NONE of these. In fact, it may be the worst wave in the world to surf. It's as close as you can get to Antarctica without actually seeing Icebergs in the line-up so you can forget the tropical water and girls on the beach. You've got tow teams zipping past you so you can forget having a solo session. And forget the ripping part- the wave has so many double and triple ups that the majority of your ride feels like you're riding a staircase. And did I mention it's 20'+ so there's a good chance you'll die? Awesome. With that said though, I'll have to admit it's darn fun to watch...