Thursday, May 26, 2011

Clip of the Day: Kerrazy Kerr


Kerrazy Times - Bali from SURFING Magazine on Vimeo.
Not too long ago (like last week), my favorite surfer was Dane Reynolds. Then he got hurt and I turned my attention to Julian Wilson (yesterday). Well Julian is old news my friends. My new favorite surfer (just today, it will probably change tomorrow depending on what side of the bed I wake up on) is Josh Kerr. The amazing thing about Josh is that yes, he does have his reverse airs down (like everyone else on tour) but he's got a bag of tricks that show so much variation in his airs. Don't believe me? Then check out the clip above with Josh and his mates recently in Bali. Also notice in some of the clips the ridiculously small board he's riding- looks like a 5'6". Gotta get me one of those. The cool thing about Josh is that he's got a full length movie out now that you can download to your computer or iPod/iPad for FREE. Yes, free. Grab it here. Josh is definitely my favorite surfer now (or at least until the clock strikes midnight then it might be Jordy, Wilko, Owen, Dusty, Kolohe, Evan...)