Friday, May 6, 2011

Clip of the Day- Surfing Has Officially Passed Me By

Surfing has officially passed me by. When I was growing up, Richard Cram threw down some mean carves in the early 80's and I pretended for years to put my surfing on a rail. Then Curren came along and start to go vertical and I tried my darndest to keep up to no avail. Then guys like Luke Egan started to tail slide and Slater took it to another level with reverses and airs. Now comes along guys like Dusty Payne with air reverses and there's no way in the world I'll pull one. Enter in the era of 17 year old Kolohe Andino at the Nike 6.0 contest at Lowers this past week and he's now mixing in stalefish air reverses. Basically I'm an old man. But I'm ok with that- I'm teaching my boys to surf and one day I'm hoping they'll outdo Kolohe. And make me rich in the process. Final days of the Nike contest are today and tomorrow so check it out if you want to see the future!