Thursday, September 8, 2011

Clip of the Day: Tending to the Garden


Wavegarden Pro - Gabriel Medina (Bra) vs Miguel Pupo (Bra) from wavegarden on Vimeo.
Back in February I jumped on the hype machine and posted a clip from Spain's 'Wavegarden'. Supposedly it's a cheap wave pool making technology that is fairly easy to build. I have yet to see a full blown 6' wave from it but the frothing young Brazilians seem to have no problem ripping a session in the knee to waist high waves. Looks like world tour hopefuls Gabriel Medina and Miguel Pupo had some free time while surfing the recent 6 star WQS last month in Spain so they headed over to the Wavegarden, tucked away in the European forest. Sure it's small- but it's also flat around here today- so I wouldn't mind building one in my backyard once I win the lottery...